Creativity with a practical approach
Imagemakers, established in 1989 by Jane Sillifant, was borne out of a life-long passion to bring history and nature to life. We love what we do and take a thoughtful, creative and practical approach to each project we work on. From concept to scheme sign off we combine creativity and practicality to overcome the toughest logistical and design challenges no matter the project size, subject matter or setting.
Our skills include:
- Audience Development and Activity Planning
- Interpretation planning and strategies
- Concept design, 3D visualisation and spatial design
- Audio-visual solutions (e.g. scripting, directing, filming, installation)
- Digital media (e.g. websites, apps for tablets and smartphones)
- Public art
- Branding and identity
- Signage and orientation
- Technical drawings
- Fabrication management (e.g. value engineering, factory checking, tender process management)
- Museums and galleries
- Historic buildings and monuments
- Historic towns and cities
- Protected landscapes and nature reserves
- Parks and gardens
- Places of worship
- Industrial heritage sites
- Canals and waterways
- Visitor centres
We work all across the UK, in Europe and in China. We deliver schemes for a wide range of clients including local government, national agencies, charitable organisations, partnerships, community initiatives and the private sector.
NMMC's British Tattoo Art Revealed exhibition
This show confounds expectations and explodes myths... It engages and inspires.
–Dr Jeannie Sinclair, Museums Journal
Such brilliant Creative Directors for the King Richard III visitor centre. The superb results really speak for themselves.
–Sarah Levett, Director of Arts and Museums, Leicester City Council
Professional and approachable, Imagemakers listen to, and work with, the community to help develop their interpretive ideas and designs.
–Hannah McSherry, Herefordshire Council client for two significant HLF projects
The Tank Museum
Brilliant – no-one can know what Afghanistan is like if one had not experienced it but this exhibition helps us understand.
–Visitor feedback, Battlegroup, Afghanistan exhibition, The Tank Museum
Copper Kingdom Centre is a brilliant example of how exciting heritage can be. It's the best heritage centre or museum visit I've made in years.
–Tehmina Goskar, Independent Heritage Consultant and Historian
Amberley Museum & Heritage Centre
The interpretative elements look stunning and it was a pleasure to work with the Imagemakers team to achieve the Museum’s objectives.
–Claire Seymour, Museum Curator
A dramatic transformation... it’s been an absolute pleasure working with you.
–Major General Patrick Cordingly DSO DSc FRGS
North York Moors National Park Authority
We were impressed by Imagemakers’ professionalism and enthusiasm for our project. We were particularly pleased with their design skills.
How we work
Craftsmanship, local distinctiveness, sustainability, timely delivery and cost effectiveness are all critical elements of a successful project. We apply a range of research, consultation and creative techniques, including: qualitative and quantitative analyses, workshops, focus groups, brainstorming, formative evaluation and testing. Visitors are constantly exposed to technological innovations in their daily lives and have high expectations. Our creative thinking, combined with our knowledge of ever-changing, cutting-edge technology, adds interest and excitement, enabling your stories to be told in truly engaging ways.
Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) projects
We have a long-established working knowledge of the HLF and a strong track record of delivering successful HLF funding applications. To date we have undertaken countless Heritage Grant and Landscape Partnership commissions at Round 1 and /or Round 2. Grants awarded to date total over £40 million.
We can offer:
- Visitor experience plans
- Interpretation plans and strategies
- Museum, exhibition and site-wide design plans
- HLF round 1 and 2 applications and support
- Funding package applications and support
- HLF Activity Plans and Action Plans
- Branding strategies and guidelines
- Community engagement and volunteering plans
- Feasibility studies and options appraisals
- Education and training plans
- Research and evaluation studies
- Fabrication management